Monday, February 7, 2011

For The Birds


I noticed some bright red cardinals digging around in the back yard last week and thought it would be nice to get some seed out there.  I remembered a little project out of my Family Fun magazine and looked up these bird biscuits.  I hope these Valentine's warm their little birdie hearts.  


I made 2 large and 2 small biscuits.  Adjust the measurements for whatever cutters you have on hand
 
You will need:
Bird seed (3 cups)
Metal cookie cutters
Flour (4 Tbls)
Water (1/2 cup)
Cooking Spray
Straw 
Ribbon or twine
 


1. Preheat oven to 170
2. In medium bowl combine flour, water, and bird seed
3. Position a straw to make a hole for the ribbon
4. Press  birdseed into cookie cutters 
5. Remove straw
6. Dry out in oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours

1 comment:

Becolorful said...

how pretty. I made these with my kids one time but ours didn't look nearly this nice. :) Great images.
Thank you too for stopping by BeColorful and commenting on my "colorful" tea cart. It was actually the client that picked the three main colors and then I got to just fly with it. I love those kinds of projects.
Thanks again,
Pam

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...